JOB DESCRIPTION: PROGRAM COORDINATOR/SUGIRA MURYANGO PROGRAM
FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated with FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda in partnership with Boston College of the United States is implementing a research program on children and adversity in Rwanda. FXB Rwanda is a leading implementing partner of a research initiative, Strong Families locally known as “Sugira Muryango.” Which focuses on home-visiting to promote early childhood development (ECD) for families living in extreme poverty in Rwanda. Since 2019, FXB Rwanda in partnership with Boston College School of Social work received funds from multiple donors to scale up the Sugira Muryango interventions in three districts of Rwanda namely Rubavu, Nyanza, and Ngoma. By joining a dynamic team of FXB staff, we hope that the position will offer unique career development opportunities for the successful candidate.
FXB Rwanda is recruiting one (1) competent and dynamic nationals to fill the position of Program Coordinator
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Job Location: The Coordination office
Period: 1-year renewable based on performance
1. JOB PURPOSE
Sugira Muryango is a Family Strengthening Intervention (FSI) research initiative designed for families living in extreme poverty. It is a preventative, family-based model that uses home visiting and active coaching to encourage positive parent-child interactions while discouraging violence against children. This intervention will be examined via a randomized control trial to test the impact on children’s overall ECD when the intervention is delivered by lay community-based volunteers.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator will be responsible to provide technical support and coordination of all program interventions across the three districts and build the capacity of staff in terms of ECD deliverables focusing on the Home Visitation approach promoted by Sugira Muryango Program.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide technical guidance, facilitate project-related trainings, and support quality capacity building to district team leaders, Associate district team leaders, and Sector Associate trainers in ECD services delivery as promoted by Sugira Muryango.
- Support other program staff in the coordination of the day-to-day implementation of the program interventions by assessing the gaps to be addressed.
- Represent FXB Rwanda at district stakeholder meetings and other external meetings as needed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Program staff and other ECD stakeholders to ensure smooth project implementation across the areas of operations.
- Provide feedback on questionnaires, surveys, and other data collection instruments through critical analysis
- Provide technical support to district team leaders in the identification, analysis, documentation, and dissemination of lesson leaned, best practices, and success stories from the program.
- Synthesize lessons learned from the advisory board, local NGOs, and study data to create and disseminate targeted messaging on father engagement and violence reduction via continuous training opportunities, a one-day government workshop, and weekly/monthly implementation partners/stake-holder meetings of the PLAY Collaborative
- Lead the translation of interviews and other data collected by cell mentors and community-based volunteers and provide technical guidance to other program staff on how to transcribe interviews from Kinyarwanda to English.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership in project design and implementation
- Review and consolidate narrative field visit reports prepared by district team leaders staff during their field visit
- Supervise program monitoring, evaluation-related activities to make sure that all activities are in line with professional ethics and standards
- Analyze interventions’ results, and trends for sharing with Staff and other stakeholders to enhance knowledge sharing.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual program reports to be shared with stakeholders and donors
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by his or her supervisor
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENT KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (preferred psychology, social science or health related field); master in the related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years of experience in working with OVC or ECD field including experience in assessing; ECD development, activities to promote ECD, nutrition as a means of promoting ECD;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in both Kinyarwanda and English;
- Ethical sensitivity and strong judgment in working with vulnerable households;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email (Gmail preferred);
- Willing to work with a diverse group of team members and under minimum supervision;
- Self-directed, reliable, and hard-working;
- Respect for and comfort working with vulnerable populations;
- Experience in extensive community data collection (fieldwork);
- Experience in team management and supervisory skills
- Having a driving license – (Cat. B) Is an added advantage.
- Residing in the district is an added advantage
- Experience with RedCap or Survey CTO is highly desirable
5. OTHERS SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Practical experience in ECD training and nutrition
- A practical ECD home visiting approach would be an advantage
- Proven experience in working with partners
- Ability to professionally represent FXB Rwanda to government and NGO partners within the district
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal, multi-cultural, and training/mentoring skills.
Interested candidates with required skills and competencies are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the Position and Project Name in the e-mail subject line. The applications include motivation letters, CVs, and a well-completed FXB application form (found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf
The applications will be accepted not later than Monday, August 30th, 2021 at 5:00 pm (local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.