Job Vacancy: Pedagogical Coordinator
Number of vacancies: 1
Reports to: Country Director, Deputy Country Director- Programmes
Opening date: August 5, 2021
Closing date: August 19, 2021
About Inspire, Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE)
IEE is a Rwandan local Education Not-For-Profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Since 2005, in collaboration with partners, IEE complements efforts of the Ministry of Education/ Rwanda Basic Education Board, supporting education implementation for quality learning outcomes. IEE designs and delivers innovative programmes to address challenges to provision of quality education. IEE programmes range from: teacher development training and technical assistance, teaching and learning, curriculum and material development, research and evaluation, education policies and systems reform.
Context for vacancy
IEE collaborates with United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to complement pre- and in-service teacher development efforts implemented by Rwanda Education Board. Particularly, IEE supports capacity development in the context of the national School-based Mentorship Programme (SBMP), for improved teaching and learning for children. IEE also supports Pre-service teacher training at Teacher Training Colleges (TTCs).
A latest addition to programming for in-service teacher development is Learning through Play (LtP), which is an evidence-based pedagogical approach to facilitating effective teaching and learning. LtP is aimed at introducing thoughtful usage of play in Rwandan primary schools to facilitate teaching and learning, for the benefit of improved learning outcomes for school children.
Purpose of the role
The Pedagogical Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical oversight to all activities in the Pre-and in-service teacher development for quality results for children programme related to pre-service teacher development, particularly Teacher Training College (TTC)-based technical support. She/ He will coordinate educational activities by TTC-based Pedagogical Advisors in provision of capacity support for Tutors and student teachers, in the context of the TTC competence-based curriculum. The Pedagogical Coordinator will coordinate Pedagogical Advisors to ensure that teaching and learning at all TTCs is aligned to the TTC curriculum framework, ensuring that graduating teachers are prepared to implement the basic education competence-based curriculum.
Programme implementation, management and coordination
- Facilitating and implementing programme activities in accordance with the mission and goals of IEE and UNICEF in the context of the Pre-and in-service teacher development for quality results for children
- Serve as programme lead for project design, evaluation, and dissemination of results.
- Manage performance assessments of Pedagogical Advisors, goal setting, and support professional development on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure and direct the development of regular and timely programmatic updates at IEE in-house CPDs to ensure cross-pollination of ideas, knowledge-building, and resource sharing. This includes helping to develop a knowledge management system and supporting processes.
- Facilitate small and large group meetings and trainings, internally and externally.
- Direct continuous learning for programme staff.
- Interact with programme implementation teams to maintain consistent understanding of programme status and deliverables and identify variances and errors, while analyzing programme risks and charting solutions to address them.
- Developing an implementation and evaluation plan to assess programme strengths and lead improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities in pre-service teacher development.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure programme goals are achieved.
- Ensure programmatic excellence through development and implementation of innovative performance and outcomes measures.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of programme statuses throughout their life cycles.
- Responsible for overall day-to-day programme management, initiating and coordinating all programme activities for effective delivery of projects.
- Synthesizing programme information to guide effective implementation and producing highly focused programme implementation update reports taking into consideration, contextual, policy and logistics related to programme implementation.
- Leading on programme communications. Collaborate with the Communications Officer and Country Directorate to generate project information both for media sharing and for reporting.
- Draft programme information sheets and reports.
- Collaborate with other Programme Managers for integrated programming.
- Undertake any other programme management and coordination-related activities as may be requested by IEE Management.
Qualifications, experience and competences required
- Minimum of a Masters’ Degree in Education with a minimum of 7 years continuous experience in education management, delivery, education monitoring, project management, capacity building in education and mentorship.
- Strong project management experience including planning, initiating and delivering activities within agreed time scales.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in securing involvement of internal and external stakeholders, planning and facilitating consultation exercises, interviews or fact-finding meetings which result in all relevant information being collected within a limited timeframe.
- A broad understanding of school-based mentorship, Training of Trainers and capacity building is an advantage.
- Demonstrable teaching experience, contributing to quality learning.
- Demonstrable experience in program Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting.
- Good presenter with experience of presenting complex ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Extremely well-organized multi-tasker.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, goal oriented.
- Experience of working in the Education NGO sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience.
- Able to work flexibly as part of a small team and to work independently.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Trustworthy, ethical, and authentic in all situations.
IEE is an equal opportunities employer. If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter, and CV including names of at least 3 position-relevant referees with scanned copies of certificates/diplomas, to The Country Director, Inspire Educate and Empower Rwanda (IEE) at firstname.lastname@example.org before August 19, 2021.
Important Note: Please ONLY write Pedagogical Coordinator as the subject of your application email. Failure to observe this instruction will lead to disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.