Communication, Monitoring and Financial Support Officer
JOB OPPORTUNITY AT THE JUSTICE AND PEACE COMMISSION
IN THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF BUTARE
TIN NUMBER: 111976233-CARITAS-JUSTICE ET PAIX BUTARE
The Justice and Peace Commission is a service of the Catholic Diocese Butare established in 1988 covering the four districts of Gisagara, Huye, Nyanza and Nyaruguru. The Commission aims realize respect and the integral development of the human person in a society where Justice and Peace reign.
In line with the Social Doctrine of the Catholic Church, the Butare Justice and Peace Commission highlights its vision of a Rwandan society that thrives together and lives in peaceful cohabitation.
In order to support in the fulfillment of its mission, the Justice and Peace Commission Butare in partnership with AGIAMONDO, especially the “Civil Peace Service Project” is seeking to recruit a competent professional for the position of the “Communication, Monitoring and Financial Support Officer”.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The open position is composed of three major areas of work, namely in the field of communication, monitoring and finances.
Communication Officer (30%)
The communication officer visualizes and communicates the activities and especially the impact of the Justice and Peace Commission’s work in a creative way and hence attracts new partnerships and cooperations on local, national, regional and international level.
The Communication Officer will be in charge of following tasks:
a) Develop and implement an effective communication strategy based on the target audience and shareholders;
b) Be in charge of writing, editing, and distribution of Justice and Peace Commission’s communication, including publications, press release, website content, reports, speeches, and other visibility material that communicates the organization’s activities and services;
c) Be in charge of public relations with local, national and regional media, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization, including the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database;
d) Seek for opportunities to enhance the online presence and digital reputation of the Justice and Peace Commission by developing its “own brand” and communicating both, the evolution as well as the latest news of the commission.
Monitoring Officer (50%)
The Monitoring Officer ensures the proper preparation and implementation of the commission’s action plans and activities as well as their documentation, monitoring and evaluation. The person hence ensures a high level of quality of the commission’s work.
The monitor officer will be in charge of:
a) Assist the Commission Coordination to prepare project proposals to be submitted to potential third – party donors;
b) Regular monitoring of planned activities at the diocese and parish levels;
c) Follow up trainings and support the work of established Parish Justice and Peace Commission Committees;
d) Explore the activity reports of the Justice and Peace Parish Commissions and make an appropriate follow – up proposal
e) Regularly monitor the implementation of the Project Action Plan;
f) Produce periodic reports as well as special reports linked to specific events, such as trainings and workshops.
Financial Support Officer (20%)
The financial support officer will be in charge of financial planning of activities, their preparation as well as the collection of all bills and reports related to the activities. This will be done in cooperation with the person in charge of finance at the commission level (accountant).
The Financial Support Officer will be in charge of:
a) Financial planning of expenses related to activities under CDJP projects;
b) Preparation of financial reports, including the presentation of bills;
c) Drafting of contracts and agreements as well as collection of different quotations based on partner’s finance policy;
d) Regularly and detailed reporting in close collaboration with the accountant.
Training & Experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Impact Monitoring, Development Studies, Social Work, Education, Psychology, Public Relations, or any other related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of conflict transformation, (trauma) healing and reconciliation.
Skills & Capabilities
- Creative and conflict-sensitive communication with the ability to develop quality reports and project proposals for various target groups with a the creative use of visual aids;
- Practical knowledge in working with Microsoft Office and social medias;
- Fluency in speaking and writing French, English and Kinyarwanda;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in analyzing, planning, monitoring and evaluating activities with a focus on their impact;
- Basic experience in the management of project funds, including budget development, budget monitoring and accounting;
- Ability to effectively manage several tasks at the same time and to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Be enthusiastic about working in an extremely dynamic environment by showing a high level of creativity and reliability;
- Have a good sense of negotiation and be able to create fruitful working relationships, both internally and externally;
Ability to work in a team interested candidates should send the following documents:
- An Application Letter addressed to the Father President of the Justice and Peace Commission in Butare Catholic Diocese;
- A Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three Referees;
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates;
- Photocopy of Identity Card;
Deadline: Application Documents should reach the Justice and Peace Commission not later than 15th August at 5pm.
- Applications are only received via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted not later than 20th August 2021.
Done at Butare, 03rd August 2021.
Father Gilbert WITONDA
President of Justice and Peace Commission
Butare Catholic Diocese
Click on the APPLY button to send your application documents:
- Your application will be sent to the employer immediately (Allowed formats: .doc .pdf .txt .docx)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you few minutes afterwards
- You can request any documents archived from our website (ex: a job description, a CV, a cover letter…)
Please bear in mind that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, or to pass extra certifications etc…
News from www.jobinrwanda.com