Job Description – Assistant Manager, Facilities
1. POSITION DETAILS
- Position Assistant Manager
- Level Assistant Manager
- Department Facilities
- Reports to Facilities Manager
- Subordinates Carpenter, Electrician, Gardeners, Plumber, Pool Maintainer
2. JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment under general supervision. Execute work within established procedures, PPGs and SOPs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to communicate well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and read drawings and specifications of A/C Electric / Plumbing Systems.
- Fully conversant with the programmes, ‘Targets and PPM Systems’ for the effective maintenance, good knowledge of MEP Systems and is hands on.
- To ensure that Health & Safety standards are maintained during the PPM & reactive works.
- Monitoring of “minimum” material stock levels to ensure materials at site are sufficient to achieve the planned programme dates and liaison with the Stores.
- Liaising with discipline Engineers on technical issues that may/ will affect operation, maintenance, safety and progress of works.
- Prepare and track PR’s for material/equipment delivered to site, for inspection by the engineers.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to understand PPGs, SOPs and Local Guidelines and any other regulatory guidelines applicable to the business or working environment.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Good computer skills, log, reports and record keeping.
- Interact with all levels of Colleagues and guests to analyze and solve problems related to manufacturing, Quality, documentation, and Colleagues issues.
- Work in and facilitate a team-oriented environment.
- The job holder will be primarily be responsible for ensuring all technical tasks assigned are carried out efficiently and are to highest professional standards, also ensure all technical reports, files and records are compiled accurately and promptly maintained.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Building Services Engineering.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Good computer knowledge
- Strong rectification and analytical skills.
- Strong background in preventative / reactive maintenance.
- Ability to be a “hands-on”, while work independently and productively within a team environment.
- 3 + years in Facilities Department in the role of Assistant Engineer or Senior Supervisor Role with maintenance experience.
- Facilities/Hospitality knowledge and field experience preferred.
- Operation knowledge in CMMS & BMS systems are additional advantages.
3. CORE VALUES & COMPETENCIES
Blow Away The Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4. FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I foster two-way communication between myself and my colleagues
- I respond to questions and requests with complete answers and follow up appropriately
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I understand the full scope of my duties and demonstrate initiative
- I take responsibility for my actions
Response to Supervision
- I respond to supervision positively
- I am always available to provide the necessary support and supervision to my colleagues
Team Management & Development
- I promote co-operation and trust within my immediate team, department and property as a whole
- I provide regular training and development opportunities for my colleagues to perform their duties effectively
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- I demonstrate a logical problem solving approach
- I can be entrusted to make decisions when required
I have read and understand the duties required of me and will adhere to and perform them as required.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest by using the “Apply for this job” button below.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The deadline: 18th September 2021