District Operations Manager ( DOM)
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized.Website: http://www.pih.org
|ob Title:||District Operations Manager ( DOM)||Department:||Operations|
|Grade:||6A||Location:||District: Burera, Kayonza & Kirehe|
|Reports to:||District Programs Director||Positions reporting to:||Logistics, Transport, Livelihood, and Infrastructure|
|1||Job PurposeThe District Operations Manager (DOM) will facilitate the development, planning, implementation, and reporting of all IMB district-based non-clinical programs with guidance and supervision from the District Programs Director ( DPD) and the Director of Operations. He/she will play a coordination and supervision role to operation staff, support team, and administrative support functions in the District. Additionally, the LDOM will coordinate the implementation of operational plans, budgets, and work closely with the finance department to ensure activities are implemented within budget in compliance with IMB policies and procedures. S/He will work closely with stakeholders to ensure activities are implemented in line with IMB strategic priorities and aligned with local and national priorities.|
Lead daily operation management in the district including but not limited to, logistics, human resources, planning, visitor management; service provider, and development projects implementation.Work with programs teams to ensure that all IMB interventions are coordinated and timely implemented within the budget and in compliance with internal policies and procedures.Provide leadership and administrative supervision to the district-based logistic team, support staff, service providers.Lead the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of POSER activities within the district.
- Facilitate the development of action plans and budgets whilst ensuring effective collaboration with clinical programs and external partners to ensure alignment between IMB and MoH strategic direction;
- Monitor progress of projects and programs implementation, ensuring program systems and staff are working to achieve set plans and objectives with high quality and accountability standards;
- Compile high quality, informative and timely management reports in a monthly, quarterly, and annual frequency in compliance with PIH/ IMB and donor-reporting requirements;
- Collaborate with DPD and data analyst on the development of annual M&E plans and periodic M&E reports for decision-making purposes.
- Collaborate with DPD and external relations department in the production of impact stories for communication and fundraising purposes.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of different service providers and contractors at the district level (local cooperatives, security companies, etc)
- Under the supervision of the DPD, support other program Managers and their teams in effectively communicating their work to Local Government and Health Facility Leadership.
- Lead POSER planning, implementation, evaluation, and reporting in collaboration with POSER team and community-based POSER structures.
Budget planning and execution:
- Support the development of operation plan, budget, and annual procurement plan and manage the operation budgets execution and reporting
- Implement internal controls, ensuring compliance with pre-determined IMB and Grant requirements, controls systems, policies, and procedures.
- Under the delegation of DPD and within the set ceiling, approve operation-related expenses.
Team Leadership & Management:
- Display and reinforce an affiliative leadership style based on IMB values.
- Protect an organizational culture where the beneficiaries (patients and poor) are the first priority above all priorities.
- Provide leadership to all district-based operations, POSER, and support staff; providing them with sound direction to foster performance to the required standards.
- Supervise district operations, POSER, and support Team and ensure the proper use/utilization of program-related resources (assets, warehouses, and district-based fleet)
- Carry out timely performance appraisal reviews for all staff under his/her direct supervision
- Advise the DPD on identifying capacity gaps/training needs assessments of district operation staff and ensure consistent capacity building.
Partnership building, Advocacy & Representation:
- Under the delegation of DPD, represent IMB in the local government functions including JADF and follow up with other district civil society partnerships;
- With the guidance from DPD, identify partnerships with other development NGOs for collaboration in non-clinical program areas such as nutrition, agriculture, and POSER at the district level;
- In coordination with External Relations team, host visitors and present IMB’s work in the District;
- Lead the implementation of an annual partnership agreement between PIH and the District.
- Master’s degree in Business Studies, Public Administration, Project Management, rural development, development studies, and other related fields and 3-year post-university experience managing programs/ projects or a Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned fields of study with at least 5-year post experience in programs/ project management preferably in rural areas
- Proven experience building strong relationships with people of different backgrounds (patients, colleagues, government officials…)
- Proven experience in managing big budgets and multidisciplinary programs
- Interest in social justice issues, understand and uphold principles of equity.
- Advanced skill/experience in managing staff with diversified backgrounds and culture
- Demonstrated experience in M&E of programs, report writing, and oriented skills in project management
- Strong oral and written communication in English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
- Highly motivated with proven strong experience in leadership and mentorship and team management.
- Ability to work and live in rural settings.
- Ability to live PIH/IMB values: Ubumuntu, Ubupfura, Ubwubahane, Ubunyangamugayo, Ubumwe, Agaciro, Kugira ishyaka.
How to apply:
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above position, please follow the link https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2FoOTrgfw8 and submit your CV and application letter only in MS Word or pdf formats. Applications should be submitted not later than Sunday, August 15, 2021
Click on the APPLY button to send your application documents:
- Your application will be sent to the employer immediately (Allowed formats: .doc .pdf .txt .docx)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you few minutes afterwards
- You can request any documents archived from our website (ex: a job description, a CV, a cover letter…)
Please bear in mind that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, or to pass extra certifications etc…
Opportunity shared from www.jobinrwanda.com