Enabel, the Belgian development agency executes the Belgian governmental cooperation.
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This selection will serve also to constitute a pool/reserve
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is currently implementing a five-year cooperation program (2019 – 2024), with a total budget of 120 million euros, in four priority development sectors in Rwanda: health, agriculture, urbanization and public financial management Enabel is also implementing third parties funded project in multiple sectors
In view of the further development of its activities Enabel is currently looking for an (f/m) Accountant.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda.
Duration of the contract: Open-ended employment contract – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
Salary package: From 1.074.923RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience.
Under the supervision and leadership of a financial controller, the accountant will be in charge of the accounting of the Enabel managed projects.
In general, (s)he will:
- Be responsible for all accounting transactions in our ERP and ensures the correctness of imputation.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting approval for disbursements Perform periodical accounting closing
- Ensure that the accounting reflects the reality to support budget execution analysis and planning
- Support the Financial controller in managing and following up the grants.
- Manage the questions regarding fiscal and social domains in order to ensure complete and qualitative information on these matters.
- Follow the accounting procedures and rules of the Republic of Rwanda and Enabel, in order to assure that the information presented in the financial reports is correct, as to provide a reliable basis for decision-making
- The bank accounts and cash flows & balances are well managed
- Analyze the treasury position and prepare the request for funds to be submitted to the Enabel International Finance Expert responsible for financial management
- The compliance of invoices, salaries is verified according to the procedures, and their timely payment is assured
- Carry out the banking reconciliation;
- Ensure the daily management of banking relations;
- Ensure a quarterly update of asset inventory;
- Ensure the daily management of the vehicles in coordination with the administrative assistant;
- Support to internal and external audits
- The incumbent may carry out some administrative and logistics task related to the project management unit (Driver scheduling, Vehicle log book, missions organisation, small procurement, workshop bookings,…)
qualification and experience
- Rwandan Citizen;
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Management,
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in similar position of which at least 2 years specifically in Accounting, in the same position or equivalent within either a public organization, a government project or a highly recognized private organization;
- Having a relevant working experience of at least 2 years with development projects and programs shall constitute an advantage
- Knowledge of management processes in the public sector (budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, treasury management, public contracts, internal control and audit) shall constitute an advantage
- Having strong oral and written communication skills in Kinyarwanda and English (French is an asset)
- Possess proven experience with accounting softwares
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Client oriented, mature and team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work in an international, multi-stakeholder environment, maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities as well as donors
- Be of proven moral integrity.
- Possess strong analytical and assessment skills
- Show a sense of responsibility and initiative (proactive).
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values) .
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Job in Rwanda by clicking the “Apply for this job” button including detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages), a motivation letter and a copy of University degree(s). Past and current service certificates also need to be attached to the application (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting). Specify in your CV the names of three referees (former direct supervisor) as well as their emails and telephone numbers. Submit the full file not later than 20th March 2022.
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Only online applications are accepted. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, 09th March 2022
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda.