DAY Prism is the LGBTQ+ department of Dear Asian Youth, an organization focused on uplifting Asian youth through education, activism, and celebration. Prism works to create a safe space for LGBTQ+ Asian youth and also to create positive representation through interviews, social media, and storytelling.
Through three $1000 scholarships, DAY Prism is supporting talented LGBTQ+ Asian youth financially in their studies and aspirations, helping them break barriers in their respective fields. Emphasis is on applicants’ engagement in the areas of advocacy/STEM/arts, not on academic performance.
- There is no grade requirement for this scholarship
- You must be an enrolled high school student or university student. (ages 14-30).
- You must identify with being Asian
- You must identify as a part of the LGBTQ+ community.
- You must be an active engaged individual in either the advocacy, STEM or arts field .
- You must have had an impact on Asian communities promoting diversity, equity and inclusion.
- All works and responses submitted must be in English or translated into English
- Must follow Dear Asian Youth on Instagram
- There are no geographical limitations to this scholarship. We accept applications from everyone regardless of location.
Students who receive the scholarship will receive $1,000 in total to cover their academic costs.
Students must apply through the forms link below